This Social Return on Investment (SROI) analysis compares the public and private investment into the Illinois nonprofit arts and culture field to the social and economic value it creates for the individuals who experience the programs as participants, audience members, visitors and event-goers, and for society as a whole. Key findings include:
- Every dollar invested into the Illinois nonprofit arts and culture field generates an estimated $27 in socio-economic value.
- $23 of this socio-economic value accrues to individuals participating in nonprofit arts and culture programs, events, and activities.
- $4 of this socio-economic value accrues to society through increased tax revenue, increased spending in the state due to arts and culture jobs, and the ripple effect of audience spending in Illinois.
- Published by
- Social IMPACT Research Center
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License